Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Adora Manish Arora

Considering I stalk Style.com the way a teeneage girl stalks her crush's Facebook profile there's rarely a designer I let slip through the net so it came as a great surprise today when looking for a specific 'Mannish' coat (of the AW13 'Mannish' trend) that Indian designer -and appointed Creative Director of Paco Rabanne- Manish Arora came to my attention.



Three years after setting up his own label in New Delhi in 1997, Arora took part in the first ever Indian Fashion Week. In 2001, he launched a sportswear label, Fishfry, in association with Reebok. He has since gone on to show his collections at Fashion Weeks in Hong Kong, Miami, London and most recently, Paris.




Using bold colours across a primary and pastel palette, Arora retains accents of ethnic embellishments in his designs, from a tribal print to a traditional Indian headress. His wearable pieces combine the graphic prints of Mary Katranzou with the luxe leather and gold finishes of Balmain. His maximalist approach to design is refreshingly bold and I can already tell this is one creative crush I won't be getting over anytime soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment