Monday, January 16, 2012

And We're Off...

Milan Fashion Week is now in full swing with Fall/Winter menswear collections from Prada, Fendi, Salvatore Ferragamo and Missoni amongst others having already taken place. I LOVE menswear and often wish I had been born a boy, solely so that I could dress in head-to-toe D&G or Kooples for men (both MUCH cooler than their female lines). Whilst I'll have to settle for on-trend androgyny, keep reading over the coming week for my feedback as MFW unfolds...

Vivienne Westwood's collection (debuted yesterday) was disappointingly safe for the radical designer and showcased a relatively repetitive mix of tweed and plaid suits, finished off with a few simple but elegant tuxedos. I felt this look was the only one with the familiar Westwood quirkiness. The beards were odd and confusing as was the odd oompa loompa tans that looked more amateur panto than one of the most hotly anticipated Fashion showcases of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment